Our next talk is on 27 March 2018 to the Felixstowe Society.
After three years of planning we are delighted to announce that the CCTV camera which will be installed at the Clifflands Car Park to help us keep watch over the beach north of Cobbold's Point and the entrance to the river Deben is currently up and working at our lookout on top of Martello Tower P. We are hoping that it will be moved to the Clifflands Car Park in April when the mast has been erected.
15 March The concrete has been poured.
13 March The hole for the mast base has been dug.
With our website we aim to be the primary source of information about all things maritime in Felixstowe.
Contact us by telephone on 01394 670808 or via Channel 65 for a radio check, current sea state and weather conditions.
We currently open 09:00 to 17:00 every day in British Summer Time and 09:00 to 16:00 in the winter except Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays when we are open 12:30 to 16:00.
Felixstowe Coastwatch is part of the National Coastwatch Institution and holds Declared Facility Status with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. We report to Thames Coastguard and are totally funded by donations. From our lookout post on top of Martello Tower P, which is manned exclusively by highly trained volunteers, our role is to ...
- keep a visual watch over the sea and beaches and monitor Radio Channels 0, 16, 65, 67 and 71
- report any incidents seen, or heard on our radios
- co-operate with HM Coastguard and other services as appropriate.
From our lookout we keep watch over ...
- Felixstowe's beaches from Cobbold's Point to the North and Martello Park to the South
- the sea from the Woodbridge Haven buoy to the North, out to Rough Towers to the East and round to Walton on the Naze to the South.