Welcome and Merry Christmas!
Quiz Night A big thank you to everyone who supported our annual Quiz Night on Thursday 16 November. We made a profit of £413 which will go into Coastwatch funds to help us keep the station open and keep our beaches and inshore waters safe. Next year the quiz will be on 15 November at the Trades and Labour Club. Put the date in your diary!!
After three years of planning we are delighted to announce that we have placed an order for a CCTV camera to be installed at the Clifflands Car Park to help us keep watch over the beach north of Cobbold's Point and the entrance to the river Deben. We are hoping that it will be operational early in the New Year.
Our next talk is on 27 March 2018 to the Felixstowe Society.
With our website we aim to be the primary source of information about all things maritime in Felixstowe.
Contact us by telephone on 01394 670808 or via Channel 65 for a radio check, current sea state and weather conditions.
We currently open 09:00 to 17:00 every day in British Summer Time and 09:00 to 16:00 in the winter except Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays when we are open 12:30 to 16:00.
Felixstowe Coastwatch is part of the National Coastwatch Institution and holds Declared Facility Status with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. We report to Thames Coastguard and are totally funded by donations. From our lookout post on top of Martello Tower P, which is manned exclusively by highly trained volunteers, our role is to ...
- keep a visual watch over the sea and beaches and monitor Radio Channels 0, 16, 65, 67 and 71
- report any incidents seen, or heard on our radios
- co-operate with HM Coastguard and other services as appropriate.
From our lookout we keep watch over ...
- Felixstowe's beaches from Cobbold's Point to the North and Martello Park to the South
- the sea from the Woodbridge Haven buoy to the North, out to Rough Towers to the East and round to Walton on the Naze to the South.