'Live at the Ferry'
Tickets for our third 'Live at the Ferry' are now available. Click here for full details. The last two years have been a sell out and raised £1,565. We're hoping for another sell out!
Our next talk is on 21 July to the Ipswich Cancer Aid Network.
With our website we aim to be the primary source of information about all things maritime in Felixstowe.
Contact us by telephone on 01394 670808 or via Channel 65 for a radio check, current sea state and weather conditions.
We are currently open 09:00 to 17:00 every weekend, Bank Holidays, Mondays and Fridays and 13:00 to 17:00 every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Felixstowe Coastwatch is part of the National Coastwatch Institution and holds Declared Facility Status with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. We report to Thames Coastguard and are totally funded by donations. From our lookout post on top of Martello Tower P, which is manned exclusively by highly trained volunteers, our role is to ...
- keep a visual watch over the sea and beaches and monitor Radio Channels 0, 16, 65, 67 and 71
- report any incidents seen, or heard on our radios
- co-operate with HM Coastguard and other services as appropriate.
From our lookout we keep watch over ...
- Felixstowe's beaches from Cobbold's Point to the North and Martello Park to the South
- the sea from the Woodbridge Haven buoy to the North, out to Rough Towers to the East and round to Walton on the Naze to the South.