The BBC programme 'Escape to the Country' featured the National Coastwatch Institution station at Polruan in Cornwall. You can watch the programme by clicking here. The Coastwatch section starts 17 minutes 20 seconds into the programme which is available until 15 November.
We have recently given talks to ...
- Landguard Rotary
- Felixstowe Horticultural Society
- Felixstowe Probus 84
Our Charity Night at the Bombay Nite restaurant in Walton raised £700. Many thanks to everyone who supported the event.
Heritage Open Days
Visitors to Martello Tower P and the Coastwatch lookout donated £456. Many, many thanks to all those who came.
East of England Co-op's Community Token Scheme
We are delighted to be part of the East of England Co-op's Community Token Scheme for August, September and October 2016. Token Collection Boxes are in the following East of England Co-op stores ...
- Great Eastern Square, Felixstowe
- Wadgate Road, Felixstowe
- King Street, Felixstowe
Every time you shop at the above store you will be given a token to put in the collection box of your choice. More tokens in our box means a bigger share of the East of England Co-op's £1,000 Community Fund for Felixstowe Coastwatch. Please consider putting your token(s) on the Felixstowe Coastwatch collection box when you next shop at the Co-op. Thank you!
With our website we aim to be the primary source of information about all things maritime in Felixstowe.
Contact us by telephone on 01394 670808 or via Channel 65 for a radio check, current sea state and weather conditions. We are open ...
- Winter - 09:00 to 16:00 every weekend and Bank Holidays. 12:30 to 16:00 every Monday and Friday.
- British Summer Time - 09:00 to 17:00 every weekend and Bank Holidays. 13:00 to 17:00 every weekday.
Felixstowe Coastwatch is part of the National Coastwatch Institution and holds Declared Facility Status with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. We report to Thames Coastguard and are totally funded by donations. From our lookout post on top of Martello Tower P, which is manned exclusively by highly trained volunteers, our role is to ...
- keep a visual watch over the sea and beaches and monitor Radio Channels 0, 16, 65, 67 and 71
- report any incidents seen, or heard on our radios
- co-operate with HM Coastguard and other services as appropriate.
From our lookout we keep watch over ...
- Felixstowe's beaches from Cobbold's Point to the North and Martello Park to the South
- the sea from the Woodbridge Haven buoy to the North, out to Rough Towers to the East and round to Walton on the Naze to the South.