Annual Quiz Night 15 November 2018
Our third Annual Quiz Evening at the Felixstowe Trades & Labour Club raised £477.32. Thank you to everyone who supported by attending, donating raffle prizes and helping with the food. Our fourth Quiz Evening will be on 14 November 2019.
Support Coastwatch via Amazon
If you shop on Amazon you can support Coastwatch at no cost to yourself. AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organisation of your choice. Go to https://smile.amazon.co.uk, log in and, when requested, select 'National Coastwatch Institution' as your chosen charity. Thank you!
14:30 on 2 April 2019 to Woodbridge and District Trefoil Guild at Woodbridge Community Centre. If you like us to come and talk about Coastwatch to your organisation please call Ian Clarke on 01394 285305.
With our website we aim to be the primary source of information about all things maritime in Felixstowe.
Contact us by telephone on 01394 670808 or via Channel 65 for a radio check, current sea state and weather conditions.
We currently open 09:00 to 17:00 every day in British Summer Time and 09:00 to 16:00 in the winter.
Felixstowe Coastwatch is part of the National Coastwatch Institution and holds Declared Facility Status with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. We report to Dover Coastguard and are totally funded by donations. From our lookout post on top of Martello Tower P, which is manned exclusively by highly trained volunteers, our role is to ...
- keep a visual watch over the sea and beaches and monitor Radio Channels 0, 16, 65, 67 and 71
- report any incidents seen, or heard on our radios
- co-operate with HM Coastguard and other services as appropriate.
From our lookout we keep watch over ...
- the entrance to the river Deben (via CCTV).
- the beach and inshore waters north of Cobbold's Point (via CCTV).
- the beach and inshore waters south of Cobbold's Point.
- the sea from the Woodbridge Haven buoy to the North, out to Rough Towers to the East and round to Walton on the Naze to the South.