RYA Boat Owner Survey
In support of its work representing recreational boaters during the Brexit process, the RYA needs data on how and where boat owners use their boat. Please click here to complete the survey. Completing the survey is quick and easy and should take less than 3 minutes. Thank you.
Beach, Coast or Sea - Think 999 Coastguard
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency has launched a new website with the message "Beach, Coast or Sea - Think 999 Coastguard". To help keep the coast safe the website contains many tips for staying safe. Click here to go the website.
Our next talk is on 27 March 2018 to the Felixstowe Society.
With our website we aim to be the primary source of information about all things maritime in Felixstowe.
Contact us by telephone on 01394 670808 or via Channel 65 for a radio check, current sea state and weather conditions.
We currently open 09:00 to 17:00 every day in British Summer Time and 09:00 to 16:00 in the winter.
Felixstowe Coastwatch is part of the National Coastwatch Institution and holds Declared Facility Status with the Maritime and Coastguard Agency. We report to Thames Coastguard and are totally funded by donations. From our lookout post on top of Martello Tower P, which is manned exclusively by highly trained volunteers, our role is to ...
- keep a visual watch over the sea and beaches and monitor Radio Channels 0, 16, 65, 67 and 71
- report any incidents seen, or heard on our radios
- co-operate with HM Coastguard and other services as appropriate.
From our lookout we keep watch over ...
- Felixstowe's beaches from Cobbold's Point to the North and Martello Park to the South
- the sea from the Woodbridge Haven buoy to the North, out to Rough Towers to the East and round to Walton on the Naze to the South.