Please note that the wind speed and direction shown by our weather station is very local. The roof tops of the houses surrounding the Martello tower deflect the wind and cause many eddies. As a result the wind speed and direction, shown by our weather station, are not always a true reflection of the inshore conditions especially if the wind is not coming from an easterly direction. For a more accurate wind speed and direction please go to the Harwich Haven Authority website by clicking
Click here to open the weather station data. There are nine pages of data.
Our weather station, installed on 30 March 2017 as a replacement for our previous weather station, is a Davis Vantage Pro2 and is located on top of our lookout (see picture below). Live data is transmitted to our website every 5 seconds - all other data (e.g. trend data) is transmitted every five minutes.
There are nine pages of data. Each page can be accessed from the menu system at the bottom of each page ...
- Now - shows the current conditions in a table format. Updated every 5 minutes.
- Gauges - shows the current conditions on a set of dials. Updated every 5 seconds.
- Today - shows a summary of the data since midnight. Updated every 5 minutes.
- Yesterday - shows a summary of the data for the 24 hrs up to midnight. Updated every 5 minutes.
- This Month - shows the highs and lows for the current month. Updated every 5 minutes.
- This Year - shows the highs and lows for the current year. Updated every 5 minutes.
- Records - shows the records since 31 May 2016 when we installed our weather station. Some data will be missing as our first weather station was faulty and had to be replaced in November 2016. Updated every 5 minutes.
- Monthly Record - shows the records by month. Click on the month you are interested in to see the records for that month. Updated every 5 minutes.
- Trends - shows graphs of the temperature, pressure, rainfall, and wind speed trends for the last 12 hours. The thumbnail graphs are updated every ten minutes. The large graphs are updated every minute.